7.11.16

THE ONE WITH THE GOODBYE ANIVERSARY

Hi guys,

Today is a sad day for me, I guess since 2015 every Nov 7th will be a sad day, cause that day I had to make a really difficult choice and I will never forget it.
But in order to tell you about that day I think you may wanna now a bit of backup story, so let’s go back in time to when I was a teenager.....
You may already know how every single kid on the planet wants a dog (maybe some who are scared of dogs don’t do but I have a friend that was scared of dogs until he got one now they’re inseparables)  but in my case I guess it was more than just “want”. Being an only child can be boring sometimes, all people with siblings complain about arguing but at least there is always someone in the house to play with.


So it came to September 2004 that something changed, a friend of my parents had some puppies and asked if we wanted one, of course it took me no time to say YES! But it took me a little bit longer to convince my parents... or should I say parent? 😜 With dad as partner in crime we went to pick up a little puppy while mom was at work (perfect crime... for a few hours, we’ll figure out what to say to her later) and when we got there she still have two puppies left a boy and a girl and I actually don’t remember, maybe don’t even know what I choose her but it was love at first sight 😍 but tell me who could not fall in love with this pretty face?


And there it she was really small in my hands, I had like five names even a fave one for her in my mind but when my dad asked me “What’s the name?” the word just came out without thinking... NUKA it felt right, it fit her and I loved it I could see the surprise on my dad’s face, that name wants even on the table. But it had to be Nuka, and from that day I knew we will be together forever! Or that’s what I thought back then.

 


That first day we arrived home and the very first thing she did when I put her on the floor of my room was pee on the carpet!! I took her as fast as I could to the “pee-place” and told her “I won’t say a thing if you promise to never do that again!” you can call me crazy cause a month old dog may not understand that level of blackmail but she actually never did it again so i guess it worked πŸ˜‚

 




That moment our journey together began, we shared room, she tried to steal my bed so many times I can’t even count, went for so many long walks, play and watch TV together, fight every bath time cause she really hated it, she loved her holidays at the beach, she had her own pups once and we have 6 little crazy lads running in home which was amazing, everything was great and years came along


 






But one day right after she turned 10 years old I think was November 2014 something changed, I notice something weird was happening and did some research, then went to the vet to confirm my theory, and sadly I was right Nuka had DIABETES, so we took blood samples every day for a week to stabilize the sugar in her system but I guess I were a bit late cause she went blind suddenly, here we started the fight.


Took her a few weeks to get used to not see, pretty hard ones, many times hitting herself with a door or a wall, I even had to put a bell on her necklace to be able to know when she was on the move so I could follow and help her and if that wasn’t enough we had the insulin injections twice a day 😱 as much as I have a huge needle fear how could I not do it?
With that dynamic we made it through another year, my little girl made it to her 11th Birthday!! Huge time, but again everything became more complicated after that.
She had some X-Rays and there were many things going wrong, her heart and lungs were too big, and the other organs were like out of place, she kept losing weight till the point you could notice every bone in her body, had some breathing problems and a terrible cough and everyday was getting worse. As she slept in my room the less she sleeps the less I sleep too...


It wasn’t right, it wasn’t fair, I could see she was suffering and so was I, always worried, always alert, taking care of her day and night, didn’t have a proper night of sleep in a long time and it started to pay back at me. I was on deny “she will get better” I keep saying to myself “she will get better and I’m fine I can take care of her as long as it takes” but none of it was true she wasn’t getting better and we were both exhausted.
I cried my eyes out for two days trying to both deny and accept the awful truth... I had to let her go, believe me that’s one hell of a decision to make.


Wow, it’s been a long ride, this post has been like a rollercoaster of emotions for me but here we are finally, right were we started, one year ago, November 7th 2015


That morning I took Nuka into my bed and hug her as hard as I could trying to make that moment last forever, but it couldn’t, so my dad and I went to the vet to put an end to her suffering. I don’t really know if it was some kind of faith thing but the Vet’s dog died few days before that he was kind of the same age as Nuka, so we actually could understand each other perfectly, (it’s been a year and we can’t talk more than 5 min without remembering our dogs and getting sentimental). He gave a sedative to sleep her before.... you know..... it was both the fastest thing and the longest day of my life, I just still can feel her in my arms slowly falling asleep, my eyes hurt of so many crying, and could see huge sadness in my dad’s face and suddenly she was gone... And now it’s been a year since that awful goodbye time really flies.

One thing is sure I will never forget you. I will always love you Nuka! We’re N&N  πŸΆπŸ˜


I’ll come back soon, hopefully with a happier story. See you soon.

Xoxo Gummy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment