27.4.17

THE ONE WITH THE 13 REASONS

Hello world, it’s been a while.

I’ve been pretty busy NOT accomplishing my list but what I actually have time for is watch so many series but one in particular had quite an impact on me, and that’s the new Netflix series ’13 Reasons why’ (Again thanks Netflix for keep me away from social life and sleep...)
This series are based on a book I wish I knew as a teenager, in fact, I wish all schools make their kids read it or watch the series so maybe some of them change their behaviour.  

If you haven’t hear about it, you def. should (maybe after you finish reading this). But here’s a lil resume: Hannah Baker is a teenager girl that commits suicide but before that she records 13 tapes with the 13 reasons/people that lead her to that end, you will listen to all the tapes along with her classmate Clay Jensen who has his own tape.
I won’t lie, sometimes is not easy to watch, it also gets harder along with the tapes. I cried along in some episodes and couldn’t watch a scene from last episode.
But I mean it it’s really worth it, you can’t stop watching it, you need to know how it ends... but you already know how it ends...
Again, what are you doing still not watching it? Oh, wait yes, finish this post 😜

Watching this series made me go down memory lane to my high school time, in my school there aren’t sports teams or cheerleaders like in the typical American schools but the kids are much alike and you can tell apart different groups. I had my own group of friends, and this may sound weird or like I mean to brag or something but we were the cool girls
Yeah you read right, but being part of the cool kids doesn’t mean you’re cool. I guess I wasn’t the cool one, the pretty one, the most popular... I guess if I have to label it I was the funny one the group needed πŸ˜„
You may think being in the cool group makes the high school experience easier for you, but trust me, you can’t me more wrong. You know as a normal teenager you may like some boy but again you’re quite shy to say anything, back then you may think is because you’re shy but is more lack of confidence, also the fact that almost every time a boy tell you ‘can I talk to you for a moment’ it ends up as ‘do I have any chance with your friend? Can you help me?’ and guess what I wasn’t just the funny one I was the nice one so I helped them. If only one of those short high school romances lasted I could call myself cupid πŸ˜‚
And even when you try to be ‘off the radar’ and be nice to everyone the time something really happens to you it runs like fire and becomes local news and everyone has a say on it, that can be a bit overwhelming and make you do or say things you didn’t want cause you suddenly have the weight of the world on your shoulders. Sometimes you get the feeling that everyone is looking at you or talking about you and it’s hard.
I think I open my heart and soul a bit to you guys in this post and I guess that’s enough for today. So I hope everyone realise that you can’t put labels on people according to their group of friends of their appearance or the telling about them, cause there may be a really different person underneath that one you think you know if you dedicate enough time for it.
We all are responsible of our acts and also the consequences of those acts on other people, is easier to be nice than to be a b*tch so why is everyone so mean?
I really wish some future generation gets wiser and doesn’t make as many mistakes as ours is making. Let’s hope for a nicer world.

I hope you enjoy this one, see you soon!
Xoxo Gummy Girl

PS: most images credit to http://giphy.com/  only few form google images

No comments:

Post a Comment